Register
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Anh là ai? -- Việt Khang

Repeat bài này bao nhiêu lần và vẫn như muốn khóc.
    Please spread words to help free Viet Khang from the government of Vietnam.

--------------------------------
    To whom we hope are concerned,

We are writing to you as fellow songwriters, artists, free expressionists of this great nation in hopes that you will be changed by what you read below and are compelled to help free an innocent expressionist.

Very currently, on December 31st, 2011, a year of music and patriotic passion has ended for a fellow songwriter in Vietnam. 2012 is not looking hopeful for him or any of us who believe in human rights as well as freedom of expression for the country. In light of China and Vietnam's current dispute over the Spratly islands Hoang Sa and Truong Sa, Vietnamese singer/songwriter VIET KHANG had written and shared songs of grief over his country's loss. They've spread rapidly online. His songs titled "Anh La Ai (roughly translates to: 'Who are you?')" and "Viet Nam Toi Dau ('Where is my Vietnam?')" spoke on behalf of the Vietnamese citizens hurting from these current events. He has recently been arrested and imprisoned by the Vietnamese government for said actions. With lyrics that ask, why does my country deserve more bloodshed?, from a patriotic soul, many are outraged that a song written to express love and concern for its country would yield such violent reactions from its own leaders.

In a world where rapists, murderers, and terrorists roam among us, it begs the question, why are these authorities using precious security resources to arrest a patriotic singer/songwriter? VIET KHANG is still currently held in jail, under an accusation unbeknown to us. Above is an English translation to his song "Anh La Ai". We ask, with as much assertiveness as you will allow us, that you take action by passing this letter forward to your sources, writing to national authorities, signing the existing petitions online to 'Free Viet Khang', and using every heard voice within your network to free this silenced artist.
    We here in America have the gift of freedom to stand by what we believe in and speak on what is just, so please use that precious right to free your fellow artist. Do what you can and everything you can so that the hope for basic human rights throughout this world does not continue to wither as 2012 has only begun.

Xin hỏi anh là ai?
    Sao bắt tôi tôi làm điều gì sai?
    Xin hỏi anh là ai?
    Sao đánh tôi chẳng một chút nương tay?
    Xin hỏi anh là ai?
    Không cho tôi xuống đường để tỏ bày
    Tình yêu quê hương này, dân tộc này đã quá nhiều đắng cay!

Xin hỏi anh ở đâu?
    Ngăn bước tôi chống giặc Tàu ngoại xâm
    Xin hỏi anh ở đâu?
    Sao mắng tôi bằng giọng nói dân tôi?

Dân tộc anh ở đâu?
    Sao đang tâm làm tay sai cho Tàu?
    Để ngàn sau ghi dấu
    Bàn tay nào nhuộm đầy máu đồng bào

Tôi không thể ngồi yên
    Khi nước Việt Nam đang ngã nghiêng
    Dân tộc tôi sắp phải đắm chìm
    Một ngàn năm hay triền miên tăm tối

Tôi không thể ngồi yên
    Để đời sau cháu con tôi làm người
    Cội nguồn ở đâu?
    Khi thế giới nay đã không còn Việt Nam

ANH LA AI (Who are you)
    By Viet Khang

May I ask, who are you?
    Why arrest me? What have I done wrong?
    May I ask, who are you?
    Why beat me without the slightest mercy?
    May I ask, who are you?
    To keep me from protesting
    For love of this country, whose people have endured far too much!

May I ask, where are you?
    Forbidding me from opposing a Chinese invasion
    May I ask, where are you?
    Why scold me in the language of my people?

Where is your nationalism?
    Why consciously take orders from China?
    You will leave a mark to last a thousand years
    Your hands will be stained with the blood of our people

I cannot sit still
    While Vietnam collapses
    And my people sink
    Into a thousand years of eternal darkness

I cannot sit still
    My children and the next generation deserve a future
    Where will our roots be
    When Vietnam is no longer in this world?

Last edited by visabelle; 01-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    "nhưng tôi biết rõ rằng tôi chỉ là một loài chim nhỏ hót chơi trên đầu những ngọn...mía lau."

Feel so touched by the song, "Anh là ai?" (Who are you?). Repeating the song many times, weeping every time. So thankful to live in USA where I can express my thoughts (to a point) freely! But in Vietnam, you must shut your mouth all time or talk in favor of government only or else.

So many disgusting, despicable, inhumane actions done by the current Vietnam government. From little thing like bribery at Vietnam airport to get in and out of country (I've experienced this every time visiting the country), bribery to get any jobs. Ranked #2/#3 in rice production but the people got no rice to cook for daily meals, yet got beers to drink whether in morning, 'noon, or night as it's ranked #1 in beer consumption. Taking the citizens' lands without paying. Selling Vietnamese women to foreign men (It's called marriage but these women got become the victims of physical, emotional, & sexual abuse, slavery. A woman was sold for a couple dollars to a man but got used/abused sexually by all men in the family). Expressing one & only word against the government, the next minute you are in jail or be killed. Of course, social network like facebook is blocked, but the people there always try to find ways to get access to.

O where's humanity?
    O where's the love?
    Last edited by visabelle; 01-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    "nhưng tôi biết rõ rằng tôi chỉ là một loài chim nhỏ hót chơi trên đầu những ngọn...mía lau."

Vis, yes very touching! I felt the same way too, sad and shameful to the deaf and blind. But bribery is also to be blamed on those those who practiced them too.

I have a friend who works in Vietnam now, she could only facebooking on weekend )
    Kỷ niệm như rêu ... anh giẫm vào trượt ngã.
    (Như Em)

Xin góp một bàn tay. - Hãy ký thỉnh nguyện thư.

The SBTN channel is organizing a signing petition to President Obama requesting the US to help defense of human rights in our country. You all know about the story of Viet Khang…
    Here is the details on how to sign up the petition
    http://www.sbtn.net/default.aspx?Lan...rticleID=65782

and here is the WhiteHouse web site:
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/stop-expanding-trade-vietnam-expense-human-rights/53PQRDZH

Thanks for your time.
    -Chúa Kitô không có tay mà chỉ trông chờ đôi tay của chúng ta thay đổi thế giới ngày nay.
    -Chúa Kitô không có chân mà chỉ trông chờ đôi chân của chúng ta dẩn bước thế giới nầy đến với người.
    -Chúa Kitô không có môi miệng mà chỉ trông chờ môi miệng của chúng ta nói với mọi người.
    ------ ĐGH Gioan Phaolô II -----

"Mặt em giận dễ thương "
    "Mặt vợ giận dễ sợ "

Hình Hội Tết Fairgrounds 2012 @ San Jose.

Ngày 9 tháng 2, 2012

Lúc 3 giờ chiều hôm nay, đã có 12,500 người ký tên thỉnh nguyện thư. Nghĩa là trong chưa đầy hai ngày từ khi SBTN chính thức phát động chiến dịch, chúng ta đã đi được nửa chặng đường tiến đến con số tối thiểu 25,000 cần có. Đây là một biểu hiện tuyệt vời của tinh thần yêu tổ quốc, yêu đồng bào và khả năng phối hợp rất nhịp nhàng của cộng đồng người Việt ở Hoa Kỳ, với sự tiếp ứng đầy nhiệt tình của đồng hương ở khắp nơi trên thế giới, kể cả ở Việt Nam.

http://www.machsongmedia.com/chinhtri/vandechinhsach/623-chien-dich-van-dong-tt-obama-nua-chang-duong.html

On 2/8/2012:
    SIGNATURES NEEDED BY MARCH 08, 2012 TO REACH GOAL OF 25,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

* On 2/10/2012 ( 7.00AM):
    TOTAL SIGNATURES ON THIS PETITION

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/stop-expanding-trade-vietnam-expense-human-rights/53PQRDZH
    Last edited by cao nguyên; 02-10-2012 at 04:16 AM.
    thời gian còn đủ không em
    cho mình nhớ lại mông mênh tình người
    @};-

wow hôm qua cần 11,000 chữ ký hơn, hôm nay chỉ còn 6,500 hơn thôi. Nếu ai cũng coi Việt Khang là người thân của mình con số 6 ngàn đó sẽ biến mất nhanh thôi.
    Kỷ niệm như rêu ... anh giẫm vào trượt ngã.
    (Như Em)

Có 25000 chữ ký thì sao? Em thắc mắc sao không phải là mười nghìn hay năm nươi nghìn... Ai quy định con số hai mươi nhăm nghìn chữ ký? Đạt được chừng ấy thì Mỹ sẽ cho Việt nam vào danh sách các nước cần quan tâm và cắt luôn viện trợ?

Nhà Lá
    Quote Originally Posted by ốc View Post
    Có 25000 chữ ký thì sao? Em thắc mắc sao không phải là mười nghìn hay năm nươi nghìn... Ai quy định con số hai mươi nhăm nghìn chữ ký? Đạt được chừng ấy thì Mỹ sẽ cho Việt nam vào danh sách các nước cần quan tâm và cắt luôn viện trợ?
    Learn about Petition Thresholds
    "It's up to you to build support for petitions you care about and gather more signatures. A petition must get 150 signatures in order to be publicly searchable on WhiteHouse.gov.
    Over time, we may need to adjust the petition signature thresholds, but we'll always let you know what the thresholds are.".

Kết quả thế nào thì chưa ai biết rõ, nhưng tôi biết một điều là khi ký vào là tôi hoàn toàn đồng ý với bản thỉnh nguyện thư đó và cũng để nói lên sự quan tâm và đồng cảm của mình.
    "Thà thắp lên một ngọn nến, còn hơn ngồi đó mà nguyền rủa bóng tối".

igon

Nhà Lầu
    If the petition garners 25,000 signatures within 30 days, White House staff will review it and issue an official response.
    Cớ dìn của 5Cam