Register
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Không cần phải đến ma ra tông hay ma cà rồng.
    Mỗi tuần chỉ cần đi bộ tổng cộng đến 115 phút,
    hay chạy bộ đến 75 phút là quá tốt rồi. Chỉ đơn giản
    như vậy thôi.

Running marathon cuts years off 'artery age'

By Michelle Roberts Health editor, BBC News online
    7 January 2020

Training for and completing a marathon improves the health of a new runner's arteries, cutting about four years off their "vascular age", a study suggests.

Researchers from Barts and University College London tested 138 novice runners attempting the London Marathon.

Over six months of training, their arteries regained some youthful elasticity, which should reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

And their blood pressure fell as much as if they had been prescribed pills.

Those who were the least fit beforehand appeared to benefit the most.

And smaller amounts of aerobic exercise are likely to have a similar effect, according to the British Heart Foundation (BHF), which funded the study, in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

(more)

http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif Puck Futin

Quote Originally Posted by Triển View Post

Không cần phải đến ma ra tông hay ma cà rồng.
    Mỗi tuần chỉ cần đi bộ tổng cộng đến 115 phút,
    hay chạy bộ đến 75 phút là quá tốt rồi. Chỉ đơn giản
    như vậy thôi.

(more)

Mr Trien , I agreed !!!

tháng này thầy Khoa đi được bao nhiêu rồi mà giơ 2 ngón tay?

Stay active during covid-19 pandemic

Biệt Thự
    Quote Originally Posted by Triển View Post

Stay active during covid-19 pandemic

rất hữu ích - từ đây - tập thể dục trên mạng

may quá trong nhà đã có sẵn một bộ tạ nặng từ 5 đến 50 lbs
    Có khi trời nắng, có khi trời mưa.

Khỏe vì nước bánh ướt tôm khô.

Why running is a lifeline during the pandemic

As someone who works for Runner's World and runs to work most days before the outbreak of coronavirus, one of my biggest concerns facing lockdown was not being able to run. At times of uncertainty or stress, running is what I turn to in order to feel calm and judging by the increasing number of runners on the streets at the moment, I'm not alone.

Sure, as runners we all need to remember to follow the Government's social distancing rules (and, arguably, get better at keeping 2m apart as we run), but as many of us cling to the normality of the daily run, we asked our readers to share what running meant to them during the pandemic:

'A sense of normality'

Judith: "Fresh air.... and a sense of normality. For a few minutes I can enjoy the beauty of the outside and forget what’s happening in the world..... to be fair, that’s what I’ve always used running for. And because there are no races, I can just enjoy running for running’s sake.... it’s liberating."

Lucy: "A sense of normality and a renewed appreciation of the countryside on my doorstep. Early morning canicross runs in the peace and tranquillity of the country lane with just the wildlife for company (and the dog of course) make everything that’s going on disappear for a few minutes."

Nigel: "Stability and focus during these uncertain times. I'm a key worker and so grateful that I have running as my escape. I'm taking the permitted one period of exercise a day and using it to run every day during the lockdown."

Edele: "It is a familiar friend that provides comfort from the stress and worry."

'Calming the mind'

Vaidas: "Running helps me to calm the mind and to focus on here and now. We often live in the past or present in our minds, letting this moment pass by... keeps me healthy, as Vitamin D (from the sun) is vital for a stronger immune system, especially important at this time. Social distancing became easier lately, as the roads emptied significantly."

Julie: "Peace and quiet with my thoughts and music... the whole situation terrifies me, so it takes me to a happy place."

Charmaine: "Running has always been about getting away from all of life’s worries and stresses....that is still the same. I am a key worker and worked several long nights shift last week. On my first day off I had a few hours sleep and then went for a gentle six-miler to free my mind."

Amanda: "Helps me to manage my anxiety. In order to avoid people I’ve been going out earlier in the morning than I would usually and I love the peace and solitude. It's a new habit I shall maintain when the world returns to normal."

'Falling in love with running again'

Aly: "I have a renewed appreciation for the outdoors, and London’s parks in particular. Years ago, I was a dedicated runner. Then, following knee surgery, not so much. For years I just went to the gym instead. Since Covid-19, I’m back to running almost every day and I’ve fallen back in love with it. I’ve always known that, following the surgery, I have limited number of miles left in my knees that have to last me for the rest of my life (as we all do, I suppose), so I was conscious about ‘using them up.’ But this experience has brought me to the view, If not now, when? I hope I will continue to appreciate the parks after lockdown is over."

Mick: "For someone who’s running has been totally disrupted due to other health issues for five years, it’s given me the push I needed to restart, slow and steady walk/runs but I’m getting out."

'Running is my escape'

Mick: "A chance to escape and get my own space. I love my family, but a run really helps me clear my head and puts me in a positive mood for the day. We're in difficult times, but running is my escape from living and working in the same place everyday."

Fiona: "I go really early in the morning. The solitude is wonderful and the sunrises have been beautiful. It's keeping me sane!"

/* src: https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/trai...RUxC8ISSx1ZQJ0

How to run with your kids during the pandemic

Here's advice from a children's running coach.

Your running club is closed, your upcoming marathon has been postponed and your kitchen has been turned into a makeshift classroom.

Lately, it seems the only training you’ve been doing is chasing little humans around the house and leaping over a construction site of toy towers. With no one to run with and no one to watch the kids while we’re in lockdown, your daily endorphin hit may already seem a distant memory.

But before you drop an iPad into their overly sanitised palms and begin frantic laps of your back garden, why not strike a two-for-one deal – run with them?

Not only can you feel the burn without worrying the house will go up in flames in your absence, but you’ll also do some quality bonding and keep the family active during this stressful time.

Of course, it can be hard to get children out the door at all, let alone with their sweaty parents. The sound of ‘running with mum’ isn’t exactly music to most kids’ ears, so we got some pro tips from Aled Hughes, founder of Speed4Sport and top children’s running coach, on how to make this an enjoyable experience for all.

How to get your kids running:

1.Gentle beginnings

If your child is not naturally athletic, you can’t expect them to leap around with glee at the prospect of running with you. Hughes advises against launching into a continuous stretch, and instead recommends a softer introduction.

‘If I ask a group of children to run laps, within two minutes a proportion of them will be walking. Start off with a walk/run/walk session for however long your child is enjoying it.’

2. Involvement is key

The golden rule? Let them run the show. Kids love to feel important, so assign responsibility to maintain their interest: ‘Let them use their stopwatch or timer so they are controlling the session.’

3. Don’t. Say. Run.

For a lot of kids, ‘running’ lives in the same bin as ‘vegetables’ and ‘homework’. With many PE classes failing to teach it properly or using it as punishment, it’s no wonder the sport has such a bad rep. Try mixing some sprints into a fun game to undo these negative perceptions.

‘One of the most successful ways of getting children to run is not to tell them to run. We put children in small groups and we hide 15-30 objects. The children then move (run) to find all the objects as quickly as possible. It’s like orienteering but we use pieces of paper with themes. For example, “Find the animals.”’

4. Watch your language

If we want kids to want to run, a supportive attitude is crucial. Encouragement and praise foster a positive connotation with running, and will instil in them the confidence to continue the pastime on their own.

‘Giving children feedback is so important and those kind words about their effort and performance are the key to keeping children involved in running,’ says Hughes.

5. Keep your distance

In the unlikely case you’ve forgotten, keep in mind that we’re in a pandemic. If you don’t share a household with your kids or you just want to set an example, use the ‘Follow the Leader’ trick to ensure social distancing.

‘The child is the leader and the parent, who is three metres behind, follows. Your child can run 60 seconds as the leader and then they swap over.’

The takeaway? Running with your kid can be a blast, but the ingredients for success need to be measured carefully.

Linear runs and repetitive stretching may work for adult runners, but kids need something a little more lively to keep them motivated. Tailor the sessions to fit their needs, give them a valued role and – most importantly – dole out an endless supply of kudos.

Who knows, soon they might be the ones overtaking you on the roads.

/* src.: https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/trai...ith-your-kids/

Coronavirus and exercise: Two meters are not enough, says study

A study by a group of civil engineers in Belgium has found that maintaining a distance of 1.5 to two meters to avoid contracting coronavirus may be sufficient when standing still, but not when jogging or cycling.

It is common knowledge that droplets of moisture exhaled by people infected with coronavirus fall to the ground in a short period of time. This has led authorities in many countries affected by the pandemic to recommend that people maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 to two meters (4 feet 11 inches – 6 feet 7 inches) from all others.

This applies to people standing still, but what about when people are physically active? While restrictions are much tighter in some countries, in Germany, people are still allowed to take part in outdoor activities. A maximum of two people are allowed to train together, as long as they maintain the prescribed physical distance between each other. And this is where a new study by the universities of Leuven in Belgium and Eindhoven in the Netherlands comes in.

Bert Blocken, a professor of building physics and aerodynamics at both universities, led a team of scientists in a study that aimed to find out to what extent an athlete is exposed to the coronavirus when running or cycling in the slipstream of another. Blocken and his colleagues point out that they are not epidemiologists and have also defended their decision to publish their findings before going through a peer review.

They varied the positions of the walkers and runners, having one following directly behind the first, moving along side-by-side or following at a diagonal angle. Such models are usually used to analyze and improve athletic performance since, in many sports, following in the slipstream of the athlete ahead of you has a positive effect on speed and reduces energy expenditure.

However, following so close is not recommended during the coronavirus outbreak.

20 meters at higher speeds

"When you walk or ride your bike and exhale, numerous droplets measuring only micrometers are emitted," Blocken told DW, explaining that for the purposes of the study, they were able to make the usually invisible droplets visible using a special light.

"We had two people walk and run to see how far the droplets traveled towards the other person. If you get too close to the other person, you will get their droplets in your face," he said. This means that the person following the first would stand to be infected, if that person had coronavirus.

Based on these experiments, Blocken and his team of researchers concluded that when taking part in sports, the 1.5-meter rule is not sufficient to protect against infection with the COVID-19 virus. Instead, they recommend a distance of at least four to five meters when walking in the same direction, 10 meters when running and cycling slowly, and at least 20 meters for faster movement.

According to Blocken, the safest thing is for athletes to move next to each other at the same speed, because the droplets they emit will land behind them. Diagonally offset, the risk of inhaling particles from the air breathed by the person in front is also lower than if one is directly behind the other. The risk of contamination is greatest when the person behind is directly in the slipstream of the person in front.

Blocken also recommends that a jogger or cyclist move to one side well before overtaking another person so as not to get into the other person's slipstream and droplets. But he said he had also observed another strategy while cycling around.

"Many people hold their breath when they overtake someone because they are afraid of the virus. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration," Blocken said. However, he likened the behavior to avoiding drinking from the same glass as an infected person.

Wrong strategy in France

Blocken stresses that the intention of the release of the study was not to restrict outdoor sports, but to make it safer for athletes who want to continue to train outdoors.

"As long as you don't get too close to another person, there is no risk," he said.

The Belgian is also critical of France's decision to limit the permitted distance that an athlete can travel from his or her residence when cycling or jogging to one kilometer (0.62 miles) for a maximum of one hour per day:

"This decision was not very wise," he opined. "It means that in the cities everyone has to train in a very small area and are probably very close together. This is the opposite of what you should do. You should let people go out – preferably to the countryside, so they can keep their distance and not run into too many other people."

Blocken is an avid cyclist, but these days he says he is avoiding bike paths and instead riding on major roads, where, due to the coronavirus restrictions, there isn't a lot of traffic.

"I have never been able to cycle in such a relaxed manner and with so little traffic as I have for the past few weeks and months," he said.

Football: clouds of thousands of microdroplets

As far as football and other team sports are concerned, Blocken does not see how they can be played safely as long as the coronavirus outbreak lasts, especially when only applying the amount of physical distance between people as recommended by governments, something he and his colleagues say is insufficient when people are running around.

"I cannot make any statement about the risk of infection, but what is certain is that people who exert themselves will release clouds of thousands of microdroplets," Blocken said.

"Even if football players maintained a distance of 1.5 meters from each other, saliva droplets from opponents and teammates would get into their airways, onto their faces and bodies. And that's exactly what the 1.5-meter rule is designed to prevent."

Blocken concluded that if that, as long as this rule is applied, "not many sporting events will be possible."

/*src.: https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-an...udy/a-53118589

Đâu có cuộc chạy việt dã nào mà người tham gia không đóng tiền.
    Tuy nhiên 35 ngàn thì hơi nhiều thiệt, phải là dân ghiền chạy thì
    mới làm được. Ở thời khắc người ít lương ở Mỹ lãnh trợ cấp 1 ngàn
    mấy cho covid-19, mà khoe bỏ 35 ngàn để chạy việt dã cốt chỉ phất
    được lá cờ thì chị cựu dược sĩ này "hơi bị" sang.

"...

Bị “bứng” khỏi Sài Gòn ngay thời khắc quê hương “đổi chủ,” nữ dược sĩ trẻ vừa tốt nghiệp đại học chưa lâu khi đó, luôn mang trong lòng nỗi bồi hồi khó tả mỗi khi nhìn thấy lá Cờ Vàng, nhất là những năm đầu sau khi tới Mỹ.

Để rồi ở tuổi 70, với hơn nửa đời người sống nơi đất khách, người dược sĩ về hưu đó đã thực hiện được ước mơ của đời mình: Mang lá cờ VNCH đến tận Antarcica, miền cực Nam trái đất, qua một cuộc chạy “marathon,” như một cách biểu hiện tình yêu đối với quốc gia – dù rằng VNCH không còn tồn tại trên bản đồ thế giới từ 45 năm qua.

Nữ dược sĩ đó là Phạm Ngọc Quế, hiện sống ở Houston, Texas.

..."

Dược Sĩ Phạm Ngọc Quế (trái) cùng một bạn đồng hành giương lá cờ VNCH tại Nam Cực. (Hình nhân vật cung cấp)

(coi nữa)