Register
Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1087

Thread: Mỹ

ừa tiếng Đức cũng vậy, "ducken" là ngồi xổm, hạ mình lẩn trốn.
    http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif

Anh này từ chức rồi.

White House aide resigns after threatening reporter
    https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-a...002159368.html

Ducklo had been put on a weeklong suspension without pay on Friday after a report surfaced in Vanity Fair outlining his sexist threats against a female Politico journalist to try to suppress a story about his relationship, telling her “I will destroy you.” The journalist had been seeking to report on his relationship with a political reporter at Axios who had previously covered the Biden campaign and transition.

In a statement Saturday, Ducklo said he was “devastated to have embarrassed and disappointed my White House colleagues and President Biden.”

“No words can express my regret, my embarrassment and my disgust for my behavior,” he said. I used language that no woman should ever have to hear from anyone, especially in a situation where she was just trying to do her job. It was language that was abhorrent, disrespectful and unacceptable.”

It’s the first departure from the new administration, less than a month into President Joe Biden’s tenure, and it comes as the White House was facing criticism for not living up to standards set by Biden himself in their decision to retain Ducklo.
    Chưa đỗ ông nghè đã đe nhà báo.

Biết nhận lỗi là đã "phục thiện" phân nửa.
    Thật ra làm "thừa phát lại" thì cũng chẳng quan
    trọng gì nhưng làm mất đi thể diện của tân chánh
    phủ. Từ chức là phải rồi. Hôm trước còn nghe bị
    cho nghỉ việc một tuần là quá nhẹ.

Dọn về Cali lại?

Texas power blackouts as icy cold maintains its grip
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-weather-cold

Between 2 and 3 million customers in Texas still had no power, nearly two full days after historic snowfall and single-digit temperatures created a surge in demand for electricity to warm up homes unaccustomed to such extreme lows, buckling the state’s power grid and causing widespread blackouts.

Meanwhile, people’s water pipes are bursting and hours long lines have been wrapping around grocery stores as people search for food.
    Jasmine Mabute lives in the Bridgeland suburb in north-west Houston. Like many Texans right now, a lack of power and heat isn’t her only concern. Her own water pipes burst on Tuesday, cutting off supply to her home.

“Yesterday my mom called – she’s in the Philippines right now – and she said ‘make sure you fill some pots up with water just in case the water goes out.’ In my head I was like ‘Why would the water even go out?’

“Funnily enough, I took a shower and 30 minutes later and my brother tried to wash his hands and he said that the water was out.”

There is also now an official “boil water” notice in Houston, with concern rising over the quality of drinking water. But people with electrical appliances are not able to boil water due to the lack of power.

At least 20 people have died across the country, some while struggling to find warmth inside their homes. In the Houston area, one family died from carbon monoxide poisoning from car exhaust in their garage; another perished after flames spread from their fireplace.

More than 100 million people live in areas covered on Wednesday by some type of winter weather warning, watch or advisory, as yet another winter storm hits Texas and parts of the southern plains, the National Weather Service said.

Utilities from Minnesota to Texas and Mississippi have implemented rolling blackouts to ease the burden on power grids straining to meet extreme demand for heat and electricity as record low temperatures were reported in city after city.

The weather has also threatened to affect the nation’s Covid-19 vaccination effort. Joe Biden’s administration said delays in vaccine shipments and deliveries were likely. After visiting Milwaukee on Tuesday, Biden said the weather was as “cold as the devil up there”.

The worst US power outages by far, however, have been in Texas, where officials requested 60 generators from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and planned to prioritize hospitals and nursing homes. The state opened 35 shelters to more than 1,000 occupants, the agency said.

The breakdown sparked growing outrage and demands for answers over how Texas, whose Republican leaders as recently as last year taunted California over its rolling blackouts, failed such a big test of a major point of state pride: energy independence.

“This shows how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America,” Greg Abbott, Texas’s Republican governor, told Fox News about an ambitious but not enacted plan to rapidly phase out fossil fuels. “It just shows that fossil fuel is necessary for the state of Texas as well as other states, to make sure that we’ll be able to heat our homes in the wintertime and cool our homes in the summertime.”

Abbott’s attack contradicts the operators of the Texas grid, which is overwhelmingly run on gas and oil, who have confirmed the plunging temperatures caused gas plants to seize up at the same time as a huge spike in demand for heating. Nevertheless, images of ice-covered wind turbines, taken in Sweden in 2014, were shared widely among conservatives on social media as proof of the frailty of clean energy.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the Democratic congresswoman behind the Green New Deal platform, said that Abbott was “blaming policies he hasn’t even implemented for his own failures” while the renewable energy industry also hit back.

“It is disgraceful to see the longtime antagonists of clean power engaging in a politically opportunistic charade misleading Americans,” said Heather Zichal, chief executive of the American Clean Power lobby group.

At least 13 children were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth and one parent died of the toxic fumes, hospital officials said.

MAGA = Make America Go Assbackwards

Đi với Phật mặc áo cà sa
    Đi với Cộng hòa mặc đủ thứ áo
    (đặng khỏi bị đông đá)

Thê thảm quá vậy? Texas chỉ có 1/3 dân số của Pháp
    nhưng diện tích bự như Pháp mà cơ sở hạ tầng te tua vậy.
    Nguyên cái Châu Âu bị đóng băng 3 tuần lễ liền mà may
    mắn không bị tình trạng vầy.

Chắc tại vì ở dưới Texas có nhiều Republican't, cái đám đó hay ao ước trở về thời kỳ trước Nội chiến Mỹ. Vậy mới là bảo hủ.

Texans facing blackouts and burst pipes: 'Do I wait for the ceiling to cave in?'
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ut-power-water

Houston put out a “boil water” warning to its residents amid concerns that water could be contaminated. But Rodriguez said that did not apply to her. After her own water pipe burst, she doesn’t have running water anyway.Jasmine Walia lives in College Station, a town an hour or so north-west of Houston. While they have had power the majority of the time, she and her partner are also going without running water. They’ve been melting snow on the gas stove to flush toilets and wash dishes.

“I am not at all surprised that we have this individualistic way of managing our utilities and our power grid here in Texas,” she said. “I’m angry that’s causing people to lose their lives.”

“It is ridiculous. Anybody could have seen this coming,” Vargas said. “They’re just Republicans who don’t want to do anything for anybody. They let us down with the power. They let us down with health insurance. They let us down with Covid, and they all fucking suck. I’m like this close to going down to the governor’s mansion and just screaming bloody murder outside his windows, ’cause I don’t know what the hell to do.”
    Cũng nhờ trời còn có tuyết để nấu nước xài.

Quote Originally Posted by ốc View Post
    Cũng nhờ trời còn có tuyết để nấu nước xài.
    Tui có ông chú ruột ở Hiu tân chớ đâu. Nghe Texas thê thảm
    tối qua tức là 6 giờ chiều bên đó tui gọi điện thoại cầu may
    cho ổng hỏi thăm. Tui hỏi ổng chú khoẻ không, con nghe
    cúp điện cúp nước um sùm nên gọi nè. Chạy giặc mà khoẻ
    gì mậy. Chú và Thím di tản qua nhà con cái ngoài Houston
    ở 3 bữa nay rồi. Đi mà lo quá, không có ai ở nhà không biết
    có sao hông. Hahaha, vừa "chạy giặc" vừa sợ bị hôi của.
    Tui thấy ông chú chín mươi mấy tuổi thiệt khôi hài. Cái thân
    không lo, lo tiền bạc.

Thấy không, chín mươi chưa chắc mình lành mà.

Biệt Thự
    Người gìa thường lo xa ...Chỉ khi nào nằm trong 6 tấm mới hết lo.

Có cái nhà cũng khổ vì phải lo cho nó, lạnh thì lo bể ống nước trong nhà rồi nước rỉ ra sẽ hư tường hư cột, hư sàn gỗ, hư đồ đạc. Nóng thì cũng lo nứt tường, nứt mái, hay là hư cái máy lạnh. Tùy vùng mà còn lo thêm chuyện nước lụt, mưa bão, gió lốc, cháy rừng... Mấy người mua cái nhà cũng than nó y như cái án tù chung thân khổ sai, hoặc ít nhất thì cũng 30 năm (nếu sống dai). Đời là vạn ngày tù.

Hư hại thì lo gì. Bên này nhà tui có bảo hiểm.
    Đóng tiền nhiều nhưng không ngại thiên tai. Cũng như
    xe hơi đóng bảo hiểm 2 đầu mình đụng người ta
    hay người ta đụng mình gì nó cũng lo trả hết. Vậy
    là xong.

Điều lo ngại duy nhất trong cuộc sống là có công việc
    vững chắc, già khú không còn làm nữa thì cũng có
    đủ tiền trang trải. Bên tui hưu trí mà đi làm chưa chắc
    đã hay ho gì. Đóng hơn 38% thuế. Vì đua đòi, già chưa
    chịu nghỉ ngơi dành giựt job với người trẻ mà năng suất
    thì chẳng ra hồn.