Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #MeToo

What's news, Fox?

Fox News hit by new claims of sexual misconduct by stars in lawsuit
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...n-sean-hannity

The federal lawsuit, lodged on Monday in the southern district of New York, accuses management at Fox News of failing to act over allegations of sexual impropriety against Henry dating back to as early as 2017. The channel fired its co-anchor earlier this month after details of the complaint surfaced.

The suit also contains bombshell allegations raised by a second woman, a former Fox News employee, Cathy Areu, who says she was sexually harassed by a slew of top personalities on the channel. They include the star anchor Sean Hannity, controversial host Tucker Carlson and media commentator Howard Kurtz.

The most serious allegations in the lawsuit relate to former Fox News employee Jennifer Eckhart. The suit accuses Henry of manipulating and grooming Eckhart when she was 24, asking her to be his “sex slave” and “little whore” and threatening her with retaliation if she did not comply.

The suit alleges that Henry sexually assaulted her on Fox News property and raped her while she was helpless and restrained in metal handcuffs at a hotel used by the channel to lodge visiting employees.

In its statement, Fox News said that Eckhart could pursue her claims directly with Henry “as Fox News already took swift action … and Mr Henry is no longer employed by the network”.
    Foxy lady men.

Biết phục thiện là đi được thêm nửa bước tới thiên đàng: cho tiền trà nước!

German Catholic Church decides on new compensation model for abuse victims

The Conference of German Catholic bishops has announced plans to compensate abuse victims up to €50,000 each. Much more than the previous average payout, but much less than survivors had hoped for.

A statement by the Conference of German Catholic Bishops revealed new plans on Thursday to pay survivors of abuse at the hands of Catholic priests compensation of up to €50,000 ($58,000).

The compensation consists of a one-off payment for each affected individual as determined by an independent decision-making body, the chair of the Bishops' Conference, Georg Bätzing, announced in the central German city of Fulda.

Victims will also be able to request that costs for individual or couples therapy be paid for by the Church.

Compensation claims determined by independent body

The new model would come into effect from the beginning of 2021. Until now, abuse survivors have received an average of €5,000 in compensation.

Bätzing emphasized that a unified framework would be guaranteed for all 27 dioceses and that solutions found satisfactory in previous years would continue.

The independent body to determine the validity of claims will be made up of professionals from the fields of medicine, law, psychology and pedagogy, and may not be employed by the Church.

This body will not only decide on the amounts to be paid, but also sort out the payments themselves in hopes of speeding up the process.

The victims of abuse had demanded greater sums in compensation, up to six-figures, especially for those who had been left unable to work. An independent working group at a previously held conference had suggested up to €400,000.

Concerns over lack of victim involvement

Matthias Katsch, a representative from the victims' initiative "Square Table," said on Wednesday that people were worried about what the administrative, financial and legal experts in the Catholic Church had thought up without consulting the victims themselves.

Katsch considers the process to apply for the compensation even more problematic than the amount being offered. He spoke of the possible "deep retraumatization" of having to go through such a process in an unprofessional setting.

A study released at the Bishops' Conference two years ago revealed that between 1946 and 2014, at least 1,670 Catholic clergy members carried out acts of abuse against 3,677 mostly male children. This is thought to be the tip of the iceberg.

ab/js (AFP, dpa, KNA)

/*src.: https://www.dw.com/en/german-catholi...ims/a-55044425

http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif Puck Futin

Me (guilty) Too!

Time’s Up leader resigns after criticism for aiding Cuomo administration on sexual harassment allegations
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-cuomo-scandal

Roberta Kaplan has resigned as chairwoman of Time’s Up after facing widespread criticism for allegedly advising New York governor Andrew Cuomo’s administration on sexual harassment allegations against him.

Last week a report from the New York attorney general found Cuomo had sexually harassed 11 women, and that found Kaplan had reviewed a draft of an op-ed letter aimed at attacking Lindsey Boylan, a former aide of the governor and the first to publicly accuse him of sexual harassment. The letter was never published, but was part of a broader effort by the governor’s inner circle to discredit Boylan, the report found.
    Bị lây Cuomo virus (Cuovid-21) cũng mệt như dính corona virus (Covid-19).

MeGone! All political lives end in failure...

Andrew Cuomo resigns
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-intimidation

A native New Yorker, born in the borough of Queens, Cuomo graduated from Fordham University and Albany Law School and later became the attorney general of New York state.

He started work as the campaign manager for his father, eventually becoming governor himself in 2011. He had been re-elected twice and had been discussed as a potential candidate for US president. Cuomo had been expected to run for a fourth term as governor next year.
    Ngồi cũng lâu rồi.

Lạ cho cái sóng khuynh thành
    Làm cho đổ quán xiêu đình như chơi
    (Nguyễn Du)

hiến thân đền đáp ...

Chinese tennis star accuses former top Communist Party leader of sexual assault, triggering blanket censorship
    By Nectar Gan and Yong Xiong, CNN

China's Peng Shuai at the Australian Open tennis championship in Melbourne, Australia, Tuesday, January. 21, 2020.

Hong Kong (CNN) - A Chinese tennis star's explosive #MeToo allegation against a former state leader has been muffled by blanket censorship, with authorities racing to wipe out any mention of a politically sensitive scandal that has reverberated across the Chinese internet.

Peng Shuai, 35, a former Wimbledon and French Open doubles champion, on Tuesday accused retired Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli of pressuring her into having sex, according to screenshots of a since-deleted post from Peng's verified account on Weibo, China's Twitter-like social media platform.
    CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the more than 1,600-word post, and has reached out to Peng for comment, as well as China's State Council Information Office, which handles press inquires for the central government.
    In the post, which reads as an open letter to Zhang, she alleges a relationship over an intermittent period that spanned at least 10 years. Peng says she opened her heart to Zhang, who is now 75 years old.
    "Why did you have to come back to me, took me to your home to force me to have sex with you? Yes, I did not have any evidence, and it was simply impossible to have evidence," she wrote.
    "I couldn't describe how disgusted I was, and how many times I asked myself am I still a human? I feel like a walking corpse. Every day I was acting, which person is the real me?"

China's former Vice Primier Zhang Gaoli speaks during the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation on May 14, 2017 in Beijing, China.
    CNN could not reach Zhang, who served on the ruling Communist Party's seven person Politburo Standing Committee, the country's supreme leadership body, from 2012 to 2017 during Chinese leader Xi Jinping's first term in power. He retired as vice premier in 2018.
    In China, top leaders of Zhang's standing remain unapproachable and private even after retirement, which makes reaching him to comment for this story virtually impossible.
    China's fledgling #MeToo movement has targeted academics, NGO workers and celebrities in the past -- with varying results. But this is the first time it has reached the very upper echelons of the Communist Party.
    "We must realize how remarkable it is for Peng Shuai to choose to speak out. Few people would have the courage to do that, because it could come at the expense of the safety of yourself and your family," said Lv Pin, a prominent Chinese feminist now based in New York.
    Adding to the political sensitivity, the scandal also came just days before a crucial meeting of party elites in Beijing, which is expected to pave the way for Xi Jinping to cement a third term in office.

Blanket censorship

As Peng's allegations made waves online, censorship kicked in with a speed and ferocity unseen in any of the country's previous #MeToo cases.
    Her lengthy post, published shortly after 10 p.m. on Tuesday, was deleted in under 30 minutes. Screenshots of it had initially circulated widely across social media and in private chat groups, but soon they were censored too, along with other posts discussing the case.
    Peng's verified account, which has more than half a million followers, remains on Weibo as of Wednesday evening. But it has been blocked from searches. All comment sections under her previous posts have been shut down too.

In a sign of the unprecedented level of censorship, even a Weibo discussion page about tennis was closed for comments. And obscure references to the scandal were removed, too.
    On Douban, China's IMDB-like movie review website, the page of Korean romance TV show "Prime Minister and I" was censored, after users discussed Peng's case in its review section.
    The swift and thorough censorship stands in stark contrast to the response to other recent high-profile #MeToo cases, such as the rape allegations against Canadian-Chinese pop star Kris Wu.
    That scandal was allowed to gain huge traction on social media, dominating top trending topics on Weibo for days, while state media amplified the accusation, censuring Wu for his moral decadence.
    Wu was subsequently arrested on suspicion of rape. Before he was detained, Wu had denied the allegations on his personal Weibo account. His company said it was pursuing legal action against his accuser, calling the accusations "malicious rumors."
    Soon afterward, the government unleashed a sweeping crackdown on the entertainment industry, canceling a host of "misbehaving celebrities."

The allegations

Peng claimed in her post that she first had sex with Zhang more than 10 years ago, when Zhang served as the Communist Party boss of Tianjin, a coastal city to the southeast of Beijing. But Zhang broke off contact after he was promoted to the Politburo Standing Committee in Beijing, according to the post.
    It did not explain the circumstances of their first sexual engagement.
    Then, one morning about three years ago after Zhang had retired, the post alleges Peng was suddenly invited by him to play tennis in Beijing. Afterward, she writes, Zhang and his wife brought Peng back to their home, where Peng claimed she was pressured into having sex with Zhang.
    "That afternoon I did not agree at first and was crying all the time," Peng wrote. After dinner with Zhang and his wife, and following much persuading from Zhang, she relented, according to the post.
    Like Zhang, his wife Kang Jie remains closely shielded by the government and could not be reached for comment.
    "I was panicking and I was scared, and I agreed to it with my feelings for you from seven years ago," the post said.

Peng said she then entered an extramarital relationship with Zhang, but she suffered "too much injustice and insults." She claimed they got into a quarrel last week, and Zhang refused to meet her and disappeared.
    Peng said she did not have evidence to prove her allegations, and claimed Zhang was always worried that she would record things.
    "I know that for someone of your eminence, Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli, you said you were not afraid. But even if it's just me, like an egg hitting the stone, a moth flying into flames, courting self-destruction, I would tell the truth about us," she wrote. CNN cannot independently verify Peng's claims.
    Information surrounding the personal lives of senior Chinese officials is typically shrouded in secrecy, with even some of the most basic biographical information considered taboo. Under Xi, however, the supposed extravagances and misdeeds of some disgraced officials caught up in his anti-corruption campaign have been made widely public, providing a rare window into their private lives.

'She's a truly outstanding woman'

Despite the censorship, many social media users have voiced support for Peng, often in vague terms.
    "How desperate and helpless she must have been," posted a popular tennis blogger with more than 200,000 followers. "Hope you stay safe."
    "I don't know what else can I say apart from praying she'll be safe. We've accepted by default that this incident will disappear form the internet -- the post will disappear, the account will disappear, justice will disappear; only the pain that torments the victim will not disappear, only the fear of the next victim will not disappear," said another comment.
    Both posts were later deleted.

Sexual assault survivors have long faced strong stigma and resistance in China, at the official level as well as among the public. But in recent years, a growing number of women have rallied around victims who spoke out, as the #MeToo movement gathered steam.
    Lv, the feminist activist in New York, said Peng sparked wide public sympathy partially because how successful she has been in her professional career.
    In 2013, Peng won the doubles championship at Wimbledon with her partner from Taiwan. In 2014, the duo won the French Open double titles. Peng was also a former US Open semi-finalist.
    "She is a truly outstanding woman, the glory of China, a world famous person. Even women like her would be trapped in a predicament like this," Lv said. "This shows just how many hurdles Chinese women have to leap over on their pursuit for equality and independence."
    "Everybody is worried about her. Nobody knows what would happen to her. I think public attention to the case is her biggest protection," she added.

/* src.: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/03/c...hnk/index.html

http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif Puck Futin

Cũng tại khoái chơi với lửa. (The Girl Who Played With Fire.)

Gần mực thì đen, gần đảng thì ráng chịu.

Peng claimed in her post that she first had sex with Zhang more than 10 years ago, when Zhang served as the Communist Party boss of Tianjin, a coastal city to the southeast of Beijing. But Zhang broke off contact after he was promoted to the Politburo Standing Committee in Beijing, according to the post.
    It did not explain the circumstances of their first sexual engagement.

Hình như Ong Zhang là Sugar Dady của Miss Shuai

Life's a Beach:

Group of women asks US supreme court to overturn topless sunbathing ban
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-city-maryland

Ocean City, Maryland, passed its ordinance in 2017 after one of the plaintiffs, Chelsea Eline, contacted local police and asserted a right to go topless, the Daily Times reported.The petition asks whether “protecting traditional moral sensibilities” is a governmental interest so important that it merits discriminating against all women.

It urges the justices to declare that the ordinance violates the equal protection clause “because the discriminatory gender classification contained in the ordinance does not further an important governmental interest, and is not narrowly tailored to achieve its objective”.

Áo xiêm ràng buộc trước sau

Vào luồn ra cúi cong đầu mà chi?(Y thường tân thanh)