Register
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Không thày đố mày bị điều tra:

Parents who kept kids at home for fear of Covid are reported for neglect
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-for-neglect

Healy had been reported for “educational neglect” for not sending her two children to school amid Covid fears, though she says her kids kept up with their work remotely.

Last fall, the city government issued guidance discouraging educators from reporting parents who kept kids home out of fear when schools reopened.

But that has not been enough to stop families motivated by Covid concerns from getting caught up in the web of child protective services – a blunt instrument that disproportionately targets low-income families of color who have already suffered the most harm during the pandemic.

Even while remote, Healy’s kids were still learning, she said. Both were accessing and submitting coursework and she met with school staff to develop education plans for them.

But in early November, an ACS caseworker knocked on her door. The agency had received a report of suspected educational neglect from a staff member at her younger child’s school.
    Vì dầu cô vít chóng qua
    Còn lây quá cỡ ở nhà khỏi đi
    Không đi trường bắt con đi
    Con đi trường học mẹ vô trường đòi

(Ca dao)

Không thày đố mày làm nô lệ:

Alexa whistleblower demands Amazon apology after being jailed and tortured
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ould-apologise

Tang Mingfang, 43, was jailed after he revealed how the Foxconn factory in the southern Chinese city of Hengyang used schoolchildren working illegally long hours to manufacture Amazon’s popular Echo, Echo Dot and Kindle devices.

Illegal working practices at the factory were first revealed in an investigation by the Observer and the US-based China Labor Watch in 2018. A year later, a second investigation found that Foxconn had tried to solve its subsequent recruitment problems by drafting in schoolchildren to work illegal overtime.

Tang worked for Foxconn monitoring supply levels and had access to the factory computer system. He said he came across information showing how Foxconn was using temporary workers and schoolchildren to cut costs.

“I read a report written by a security guard at Hengyang Foxconn; basically, it talked about how a teacher verbally and physically assaulted a non-cooperative student in front of everyone, and the student cried.”

After talking to colleagues about what was going on in the factory, Tang contacted China Labor Watch and agreed to share some of the company documents, which he photographed using his mobile phone.
    Nhất quỷ nhì ma thứ ba thày giáo.
    (Tục ngữ)

Quote Originally Posted by Gác dan
    A year later, a second investigation found that Foxconn had tried to solve its subsequent recruitment problems by drafting in schoolchildren to work illegal overtime.

Không trò đố người có đồ rẻ.
    Tẩy chay Alexa!

http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif Puck Futin

Không thày đố mày bị dụ:

West Virginia: Christian revival at high school
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...istian-revival

When students arrived at the event in the school’s auditorium, they were instructed to close their eyes and raise their arms in prayer, Mays said. The teens were asked to give their lives over to Jesus to find purpose and salvation. Those who did not follow the Bible would go to hell when they died, they were told.

Last week’s assembly at Huntington high featured a sermon from 25-year-old evangelical preacher Nik Walker of Nik Walker Ministries, who has been leading revivals in the Huntington area for more than two weeks.

During the assemblies, students and their families are encouraged to join evening services at the nearby Christ Temple church. More than 450 people, including 200 students, have been baptized at the church, according to Walker, who said he was scheduled to go to another public school and nearby Marshall University soon.

Bethany Felinton said her Jewish son was one of the students forced to attend the assembly at Huntington high. She said that when he asked to leave, the teacher told him their classroom door was locked and he couldn’t go. He sat back down in his seat, uncomfortable. Felinton said he felt he couldn’t disobey his teacher.

“It’s a completely unfair and unacceptable situation to put a teenager in,” she said. “I’m not knocking their faith, but there’s a time and place for everything – and in public schools, during the school day, is not the time and place.”

Mays’ father, Herman Mays, agrees. “They can’t just play this game of, you know, ‘We’re going to choose this time as wiggle room, this gray area where we believe we can insert a church service,”’ he said.

Nhất quỷ nhì ma thứ ba đạo dụ.

Không thày đố mày thi rớt:

Women outperform men in Japanese medical school entrance exams
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...esting-scandal

The schools said they had deliberately failed female candidates due to concerns that women were more likely to quit their medical careers to start families amid a nationwide shortage of doctors.

The gender-based manipulation of results came to light after Tokyo Medical University was alleged to have offered a place to the son of a senior education ministry official in return for a favour.

The proportion of female doctors in Japan is still significantly lower than in other developed economies, however. A 2018 survey by the health ministry found that just 21.9% of doctors were women, the lowest share among countries belonging to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, in which the average was 46% in 2015.
    Học tài thi lận.

Không thày đố mày cười ai:

Mississippi teacher fired for reading I Need a New Butt! to children
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-mississippi

Toby Price, an assistant principal at Gary Road Elementary School who was in his office, stepped in. He quickly picked up I Need a New Butt!, by Dawn McMillan, and started reading to around 240 children.

I Need a New Butt!, for readers aged between four and eight, is about a boy who sets out to find a new bottom after seeing a “crack” in his buttocks which makes him afraid it is broken.

Price, who has been teaching for 20 years, said the district superintendent, Delesicia Martin, called him into her office and told him he was being placed on leave. Two days later, Price said, he was accused of breaking the Mississippi Educator Code of Ethics, and fired.“I expected a write up,” Price told the Times. “I did not expect to get terminated. I cried the entire way home.”
    Mộng dưới hoa:

Không thày đố mày ngủ đâu?

Students had nowhere to sleep, so a San Francisco school opened the gym
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...elter-students

Every evening, after the students and teachers left, partitions were snugged to the back wall, creating three-sided squares for kids and caregivers to set sleeping pads on the floor. Cafeteria-style tables in a connected room hosted dinner and, later, homework. Only families with a child enrolled in San Francisco Unified School District could be admitted.

The idea that schools can act as resource hubs for students and their families is known broadly as “community schooling” and has proven successful in schools across the country.
    Tiên học ngủ, hậu học văn.

Không giấy đố mày làm nên:

Sri Lanka cancels school exams over paper shortage
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-crisis-bites

Sri Lanka has cancelled school exams for millions of students after running out of printing paper, as the country contends with its worst financial crisis since independence in 1948.

Education authorities said on Saturday the term tests, scheduled a week from Monday, were postponed indefinitely due to an acute paper shortage, with Colombo short on funds to finance imports.

Bắt học sinh lụm giấy vụn làm kế hoạch nhỏ?

Mấy năm trước thì có vụ này:
    Sri Lankan teenager hacks president's website to try to get exams delayed
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-exams-delayed
    Last edited by ốc; 03-20-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Không thày đố mèo làm nên?

Republican retracts false claim schools placing litter boxes for ‘furry’ students
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...claim-debunked

A Nebraska state lawmaker apologized on Monday after he publicly cited a persistent but debunked rumor alleging that schools are placing litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate children who self-identify as cats.

State senator Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican, repeated the false claim during a public, televised debate on a bill intended to help school children who have behavioral problems. His comments quickly went viral, with one Twitter video garnering more than 300,000 views as of Monday afternoon, and drew an onslaught of online criticism and ridicule.

Bostelman initially said he was “shocked” when he heard stories that children were dressing as cats and dogs while at school, with claims that schools were accommodating them with litter boxes.

“They meow and they bark and they interact with their teachers in this fashion,” Bostelman said during legislative debate. “And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?”

The rumor has persisted in a private Facebook group, “Protect Nebraska Children,” and also surfaced last month in an Iowa school district, forcing the superintendent to write to parents that it was “simply and emphatically not true”.
    Thương lòng nghị sĩ thơ ngây
    Gặp tin phải gió mát giây bất bình

(Nghị trường phong thanh)

Không bằng đố mày hù ai?

Republican Senate hopeful overstated academic achievements for years
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ents-for-years

A Republican Senate candidate in Georgia said for years that he graduated in the top 1% of his university’s class – but actually never graduated college at all.

“I was majoring in Criminal Justice at [University of Georgia] when I left to play in the [United States Football League] my junior year,” said Walker in his statement. “After playing with the New Jersey Generals, I returned to Athens to complete my degree, but life and football got in the way.”

But Walker has actually been misrepresenting his academic achievements for years in interviews and motivational speeches, as recently as 2017, according to an investigation by CNN.

In a speech from that year, Walker said: “And all of sudden I started going to the library, getting books, standing in front of a mirror reading to myself. So that Herschel, that all the kids said was retarded, become valedictorian of his class. Graduated University of Georgia in the top 1% of his class.”

Walker repeated those claims in a 2017 interview with Sirius XM radio: “I also was valedictorian of my class. I also was in the top 1% of my graduating class of college.”

Walker never received a diploma from the University of Georgia.
    Khen tài nổ bạo văng châu
    Nàng Điêu bà Tú cũng đâu thế này
    (Loạn trường tân thanh)