Register
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    A thug with a badge:

From lotto millions to a felony indictment. How reality TV could undo a Texas sheriff
    https://news.yahoo.com/lotto-million...215411117.html

Much of Chody’s tenure has unfolded before the watchful lenses of the TV reality show “Live PD” camera crews and the show's loyal viewers. After wooing the highly rated program to his suburban Austin county, Chody's star rose among its fans. They lauded his deputies' work and praised a sheriff who was always willing to exchange social media pleasantries with his audience.But when a violent incident with his deputies turned deadly, taking the life of 40-year-old Black father Javier Ambler II, Chody’s star began to fade. The show that made him a celebrity was canceled after the Austin American-Statesman revealed details of the 2019 death that was captured on “Live PD” video.

Now, the cameras that propelled Chody’s fame could be his undoing.

A grand jury last month indicted Chody on a felony evidence tampering charge for his alleged role in the destruction of footage of the incident. Chody denies breaking any laws and has hired two of Austin’s most prominent attorneys. The charge, he says, is part of a political conspiracy to oust him from office.

Chody’s critics, including some of his fellow top Republicans in the county, say he is using public office to slake his thirst for fame.
    Just like Trâm.

Nước mắt cá tra:

Barrett 'wept' with daughter over Floyd's death
    https://news.yahoo.com/barrett-wept-...160809096.html

"Senator as you might imagine, given that I have two black children, that was very, very personal for my family," Barrett said. "My 17-year-old daughter Vivian…it was very difficult for her. We wept together in my room."
    2 black children? Who's your daddy?