Elon Musk promises to ‘make things good’ with San Jose bakery

SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — Tesla CEO Elon Musk responded to KRON4 News’ story after his company allegedly backed-out on an order for 4,000 mini pies baked by a local San Jose bakery.

Reporter Amanda Hari interviewed Voahangy Rasetarinera, owner of The Giving Pies​ in San Jose. Each pie is carefully assembled by hand in small batches, but the tiny bakery has handled large orders in the past from corporations like Apple and Google.

Elon Musk replied to KRON4’s news story about a San Jose pie bakery on Feb. 23, 2024. (Image via X)

On Valentine’s Day, the bakery received a last-minute order request from Tesla. The electric car manufacturing company ordered 2,000 pies. Tesla later upped the order to 4,000 pies. Rasetarinera said her staff pulled off baking the giant order.

Voahangy Rasetarinera, owner of The Giving Pies​, bakes inside her bakery. (KRON4 photo)

But after she sent Tesla several invoices, the bakery never received a payment, the bakery owner said.

“I’m a small business. I don’t have the luxury of infinite resources so I really need to be paid so I can secure my staff,” Rasetarinera said. The bakery owner said a Tesla representative sent her a message saying, “Hey, so sorry, I don’t think we’re going to need this order anymore.”

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk speaks to the media next to its Model S. (Photo by Nora Tam/South China Morning Post via Getty Images)

Rasetarinera said Thursday, “If they want to make it right, I’m going to give them the opportunity to make it right.” On Friday, it appeared that Tesla’s CEO was stepping into the pie debacle himself.

Musk replied to a KRON4 tweet of the story on his social media platform, X, late Friday morning. Musk wrote, “Just hearing about this. Will make things good with the bakery. People should always be able to count on Tesla trying its best.”

/* src.: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...y/ar-BB1iN4Ji#