Register
Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Thú

Thiếu vận động:

Free-range eggs unavailable in Britain from Monday
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tain-avian-flu

Consumers will no longer be able to buy free-range eggs in the UK from Monday, with birds not having been allowed outdoors since November due to fears of avian flu outbreaks.

Eggs sold in shops will have to carry a sticker or label saying they are in fact “barn eggs”, the name given to eggs produced by hens permanently housed indoors.

Không cho gà đi bộ thì cũng nên cho gà tập yoga trong chuồng.

Gà đen phơi nắng mẹ mắng cũng mua
    Gà trắng trong nhà tránh xa thứ ấy…

(Ca dao)

The Killing Fields:

US killed 1.75m animals last year – or 200 per hour
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...animals-deaths

Last year, 404,538 native animals were killed by the agency, a compendium of snuffed out life that included 324 gray wolves, 64,131 coyotes, 433 black bears, 200 mountain lions, 605 bobcats, 3,014 foxes and 24,687 beavers.

Plenty of animals are killed unintentionally, too, with 2,746 unfortunate creatures, including bears, foxes and dogs, exterminated by accident last year. This is partly down to the methods used by Wildlife Services, which deploys leg hold traps, snares and poisons to target animals. The agency uses a variety of other approaches too, such as rounding up and gassing geese or shooting coyotes from helicopters or aircraft.
    Kể từ cúm dịch năm nao
    Đống xương thú vật đã cao bằng đầu
    Làm chi để tiếng về sau
    Nghìn năm ai có khen đâu bạo tàn
    (Địa trường tân thanh)

Lullaby of Birdland:

Baby bird nests in her hair for 84 days
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...est-in-my-hair

After one particularly bad thunderstorm, I found a fledgling – a bronze-winged mannikin finch – barely a month old, on the ground. He was abandoned by his flock, his nest blown from the mango tree. His eyes were tightly shut and he was shuddering, too young to survive alone.

He was the size of my little finger, with feathers the colour of Rich Tea biscuits, inky eyes and a small bill like a pencil lead. I placed him in a cardboard box with tea towels, mimicking a nest, and stayed up all night, researching how to care for him.

The next day, he woke with his mouth open and a shrill hunger call. I fed him termites and, instinctively, chirped at him. He chirped back and clambered into my hand, digging in his beak and head, then fell asleep in my palm. As far as he was concerned, I was his mother.

….

When I returned, in January, I’d watch out for him when the finches flew past. Every now and then, one would hang back, on a branch, and stare at me. I still cry when I think of him.
    Chiều qua Ghana
    Có con chim bay cuối trời

Cất lên tiếng ca rã rời
    Cuộc tình sầu khôn nguôi
    (Một cõi tình không phai)

Deep Sea Reporter

Fridlysta djur möter en plågsam död.

På botten av Lysekils hamn ligger ett 60-tal pigghajar och flera rockor. Pigghaj, Klorocka och Knagrocka är klassade som starkt hotade och fridlysta. Tobias Dahlins/Deep Sea Reporters närbilder visar med obehaglig tydlighet att flera av hajarna fortfarande andas, men är döende.

Sheltered animals face a painful death.

At the bottom of Lysekil harbour lie some 60 basking sharks and several rays. The turbot, Klorocka and Knagroka are classified as highly threatened and endangered. Tobias Dahlin's/Deep Sea Reporter's close-up photos show with uncomfortable clarity that several of the sharks are still breathing, but dying.

http://dtphorum.com/pr4/signaturepics/sigpic726_7.gif Puck Futin

Một bầy tang tình con nhện:

Funnel web spider sightings on the rise in NSW homes amid wet weather
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...id-wet-weather

In the 30 years Tommy Horozakis has owned his pest control business, he struggles to recall another time like now.

“I’ve been inundated by calls about rodents, spiders, cockroaches, mozzies. It’s crazy,” said Horozakis, who runs Sydney’s The Pest Control Company. “Everything is looking for shelter from the wet weather, and unfortunately our homes couldn’t be better.”

Horozakis said insects had “bred like crazy” in puddles, while rats and mice had their homes flushed out by the rain that has lashed Australia’s east coast.

Horozakis has six cars on the road seven days a week to keep up with the demand in Sydney. He said it was important people remembered “to make sure bins are not overflowing, the lids are closed, and no rubbish is left out”.
    Buồn trông con nhện giăng tơ
    Nhện ơi, nhện hỡi, nhện chờ cắn ai?
    (Ca dao)

Chắc chắn là yêu quái hiện nguyên hình, giống trong truyện Liêu trai. Mấy năm trước dân địa phương cũng trông thấy một lão cáo già có lông màu cam y như thế, hay lảng vảng trong toà Bạch ốc.

Hoa sinh tân là chỗ đến làm việc tạm thời của chính trị gia từ khắp thế giới, cho nên gọi là Liêu trai (聊齋) cũng đúng nghĩa.

Từ ngày muôn dặm viễn lai
    Nửa năm ở đất Liêu trai là nhà
    (Chính trường tân thanh)

Why do birds suddenly disappear
    Every time cats are near?
    ((They Long to Be) Far to You)

New Zealand’s cats are decimating native wildlife – should they be treated as pests?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eated-as-pests

With 1.4 million domestic cats, Aotearoa has one of the highest cat ownership rates in the world – at least 40% of households have at least one. Feral cats are also reported to be in the millions.

But estimates from one conservation group, Forest and Bird, suggest New Zealand’s pet cats alone kill at least 1.12 million native birds a year, in some cases helping propel them towards extinction. In one early case, a lighthouse keeper’s cat is said to have annihilated an entire species, the flightless Lyall’s wren, on Stephens Island at the end of the 19th century.

Tamsin Orr-Walker, chair of the Kea Conservation Trust, says if New Zealand has any chance of extinguishing introduced predators in the next 30 years, it needs to have a serious discussion about cats.

Orr-Walker wants cats to be considered in the Predator Free 2050 plan, as well as the introduction of tighter regulation on domestic cats.

She cites Australia – which requires owners to register their cats after three months, and in certain parts of the country, limits ownership to two cats per household as well as enforcing cat curfews at night – as a useful example of what form tighter regulation could take.
    Chú mèo mà trèo cây cao
    Hỏi xin tí huyết chú chim chích choè
    Chích choè bay vụt cành tre
    Chí cha chí choé chửi cha chú mèo

(Ca dao)

Con gà cục tác cách ly
    Con vịt quang quác chích ngừa cho tôi…

(Ca dao)

Millions of bird deaths as US hit by avian flu outbreak
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vian-influenza

The virus poses a low risk to humans, but the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has estimated that nearly 24m poultry birds, mostly chickens and turkeys, have died of the flu since February, when a flock of turkeys in Indiana were confirmed to have the virus. The bird flu has been seen in at least 24 states.

In Iowa, the state that produces the most eggs, more than 11m of 56m egg-laying hens have died.

Egg prices have risen. The average price of a dozen eggs has reached $2.60, compared to around $1.40 at the same time last year, according to the USDA.
    Bệnh vô đơn chí, cúm bớt, (vi) trùng lai.
    (Tục ngữ)

Quote Originally Posted by ốc View Post
    Italian couple find burglar is endangered brown bear
    Ăn một miếng bánh chạy ba quãng đồng.
    (Tục ngữ)

Bear famous for Italian bakery break-in reappears
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-to-rewild-him

The two-year-old Marsican brown bear, affectionately known as Juan Carrito, walked 150km “home” to Roccaraso, a small mountain town in the Abruzzo region, bypassing several other towns along the way.

The bear has been a regular visitor to the town and became a social media star after breaking into a bakery in Roccaraso last November and eating a batch of freshly-made biscuits. The break-in led to him being captured and banished to a remote area in the mountains, but he was soon back, leading to a second capture in early March and a period in the enclosure.

He has often slept among the pine trees at the entrance to the town of about 1,500 inhabitants, before going in search of food, rummaging through bins and dining off leftover pizza and sandwiches, and drinking from fountains. Carrito has also been noted for his playfulness towards dogs.
    Về đây nghe em, về đây thoả ước mơ ăn bánh trộm…